Response to "Responsive Web Design"

Before reading Ethan Marcotte's "Responsive Web Design", I had a vague knowledge of what Responsive Design was. I knew what it's purpose was, to have the format of a website respond to the device it is being viewed on. But, I knew little of how this would be achieved. Not to say that I fully understand how to create a fully responsive website after reading one article, but I do have a better understanding of the applications used in responsive web design. In the article, Marcotte made comparisons between Web Design and Architectural Design, which I found to be helpful. It gave me batter visualizations of how Responsive Web Design works. Media queries, from what I understand, do all of the work for you. It's perfect. Now I just need to master it. I have gone to a couple website and shifted the size of my browser to see how what the responsive design is changing on the web page. It's a skill I completely forgot about and am excited to practice and apply to websites. It was definitely an interesting article. I would be interested to see if he has other articles on Responsive Design, or other web design techniques. He made the topic interested and not overly complicated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Studio [demo]

A Case Study (?) of a JavaScript Problem