Introduction & Article Response

Self Introduction

Hello there!

I'm Princess Bustos, a sophomore who's undecided of what to major in DMD. I grew up in the Philippines and came here in 2009. Ever since computers became big in my country, I spent a lot of time in an Internet Cafe gaming and browsing. This is why I decided majoring in DMD, but I really don't know what to focus on. I've been coding themes since Friendster and Myspace existed. So HTML and CSS are quite familiar to me (but I still can't remember most of the basic codes on top of my head). Filming, editing and animation are also part of my interest because it's a creative form of story telling.

I'm looking forward to learn how to add animations on a website and how javascripts take part in coding.


Article Response
I think it's very helpful that the article explains different ways to layout images under the tag of media query. When the article began explaining how web coding became more complex with different consoles. I was not aware that media query was the only solution to change the layout of the entire website from a desktop view to a mobile view, especially when people view the site horizontally through their phones. I wonder if the image resolution also changes when scaling them on the website through media query. It felt like the code samples on the article were too advance for me to understand. How did he get the right percentage for scaling the columns? Although the commentary indicates the percent in pixels, I still don't quite don't understand it.

Comments

  1. The images scales if use multiple queries, but you have to specify the percentage or width you want the images to be. It's useful if your image doesn't fit quite well with the layout you have when viewing on different resolution screens.

    I am unsure myself what he described when talking about the columns, unless he meant that you change these percentages using, again, multiple media queries (ex: at screen resolutions 400 and above, the column is set at 50% of the screen, at 399 resolution and below, the column is set to 75% of the screen resolution, and etc.).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Studio [demo]

A Case Study (?) of a JavaScript Problem