If the medium=web then the message = ....

Mediums are the objects that bring things to us. They are the way of transporting something to us... In this case the web as a medium is one that not only brings a few things, but many. When I say many things, I am referring to not only the technological aspects of it like communication, and information... It brings to us the capacity to open ourselves to a whole world. By this medium we can be anywhere in the world, we can connect with people from different cultures, we can share our experiences... The web is the medium that is making possible for all of us to live in the world and communicate with it.

But... why do I say this? Well, when I was back in my native country, we did not have a lot of things that I started to use in here, but one thing that made it possible for me to learn about my family in this other side of the world was the web. I did not understand it back then, but I knew that it made me happy. So for me the messages are connecting, sharing, and learning.

Connecting because it makes you travel to different parts of the world without moving. Sharing because you are able to show what you like to others and also because you can communicate with people from other places, and learning because the connection that you make, makes it possible to understand other languages and cultures in a better way.

This might not be the case for many of you, but for me the web has opened many doors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Studio [demo]

A Case Study (?) of a JavaScript Problem