Chapter 3 Response


The first thing I read in chapter 3 is the author telling us about stops signs and how the color and shape always tells us that we need to stop. Red is a color that stands out among others and there was a design process behind the stop sign. Same with every car, if each gas pedal was in a different place for every car then we will have a bunch of confuse users.

I believe that this applies to the web. It is good to innovate like the author said but it is very important to understand the value of what we are replacing. I think the web is something we can do a lot of things, designing a website can have a lot of possibilities. Just browsing through the chrome experiments we can see that there are many ways to manipulate particles and there a tons of cool designs out there. But how do we make them innovative and user friendly? 

We do have to keep in mind our headers or at least highlight the most important things while we are designing out website. The author mentions that is important to keep paragraphs shot, bulleted lists, highlight key terms and make the clickable obvious. I do believe that it relates to me, because every time I visit a website I always want to click the cool buttons or I usually just read whats highlighted. 

For my personal website I hope to have a user friendly website but at the same time I wanted to be about me and how I visualize things. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Studio [demo]

A Case Study (?) of a JavaScript Problem