Intro/Medium/Threejs

Hey I'm Jasneet! Im interested in becoming a web and app developer. In this class I hope to learn some javascript as it is a core language in both web and app development. I'm also interested in film and potentially animation (I've never done it before). Overall from this class I hope that I takeaway some javascript skills and have fun.

Medium:

"The end of Traffic" https://medium.com/@johnzimmer/the-end-of-traffic-6d255c03207d#.h6q07prsy

Before reading the article and just seeing the title and the thumbnail image I knew that this would be about carpooling and self driving cars. Both of which I think we need to improve on and happen soon. While reading the article I liked the idea of "smart lanes" however I feel as though something similar is already implemented in many states, carpool lanes. Now if these smart lanes were only for public vehicles and electric cars I think it would be much better. It would make people wanted to purchase an electric to get to work faster and it would reduce the amount of emissions we are producing. Fortunately for most of us, we are able to take public transit, specifically the train. I'm fortunate to have an employer who actually pays up to $100/month of my train/public transit expenses. I think if more companies would do similar things or if the government were to introduce something like smart lanes, we would have much less traffic and be able to reduce harm to the environment much better and faster.

Threejs:

http://ommexperience.com

I really liked this website and the concept behind it. It makes the user interact with the website to get the full experience. I think that using some of the elements from this website could really improve ones own website and make it stand out. I personally liked how when you clicked, the object started to change shapes. It makes the user feel like they're immersed in the website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Studio [demo]

A Case Study (?) of a JavaScript Problem