Artie's Intro Post


Hello!

My name is Arturo Lainez, but most people call me Artie. I'm a junior majoring in DMD, Strategies for Business track. I have a positive outlook on live, and try to have fun. As you will notice, I love to contribute to class! I had to drop all my classes due to a family emergency, but I'm back and excited to get code! I'm a novice coder, but I'm a quick study and I have an affinity for web(I think). This semester I'm hoping to explore more CSS, and to become familiar with Javascript.

Outside of Web, I'm looking to work on as many projects as I can this semester. I started the semester working on a small video project (a series of mini interviews), and trying to keep busy with all things digital. I love to eat and just started going to the gym(again). I hope to have a fun semester, and I hope to get to know those that I haven't met yet, and to deepen my established relationships with y'all. I'm also a messy writer and I am working on that.


Medium

Today I read How I Got My Attention Back. The way this article is written is highly entertaining. The author thoroughly explores his lack of attention and his attachment to the internet. Reading this article felt more like reading a book or talking to friend, and less like an article. I appreciate the author's insight into the idea that  people are obsessed with the internet and that its dangerous. It's important for content creators like ourselves to understand how addictive the internet is and to be able to use this knowledge to crank out content that makes people addicted. Attention is something so easy to give up, and the more attention we give up the closer we are to becoming the humans depicted in Wall-e.


Threejs

My favorite Threejs project is on http://www.shapespark.com/ .
This program uses threejs to make real-time three dimensional spaces that you can explore. This drew my interest because the quality of the scenes are pretty good, and its paving a way for incorporating VR into the Web. The way that it works is very similar to Google Maps' Street View, with the exception that shapespark uses animated spaces. This sort of project could be used to present a house to an interested buyer without the need to have to physically be at the house. This can also be used to create web based games using VR. Pretty Dope

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Studio [demo]

A Case Study (?) of a JavaScript Problem