Introduction / Medium Post / Threejs - Advanced Web Design - Matthew Castillo

Hello everyone,

My name is Matthew Castillo, I am interested in Web Design mainly because I want to learn how to code with Javascript as I have never coded in that language before. I have taken 2 other web design courses both were sort of borderline intro classes where I picked up some Html/Css coding skills. Anyway, what I hope to get from this class is a comfortability with coding so that I may use those skills and apply them to a real world sense such as within the Gaming Industry (an industry I am passionate to be a part of, because I have always dreamed of being a Video Game Designer/Developer).  


Medium

How Designers Engineer Luck Into Video Games
http://nautil.us/issue/44/luck/how-designers-engineer-luck-into-video-games

In this article I learned about how Video Game designers implement luck into video games and basically what seems to be luck isn't really "luck" because some games are designed to increase your luck mathematically the more you lose. This type of design is made because players tend to become frustrated and quit the game if they lose too many times or if the game (even if realistic in its implementation of the actual perception of luck) feels like it is cheating their players. I was not aware of this engineering/design process and therefore is the reason I chose to read up on this article as the title interested me greatly. I have many friends who end up quitting the games that make them feel cheated or that they lose too much in, which is why I find the article humorous because when the game provides different routes to winning it means you didn't really win, the game designers just sort of felt bad for you. 

ThreeJs

http://collinhover.github.io/kaiopua/

Interesting Video Game. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Studio [demo]

A Case Study (?) of a JavaScript Problem