Design Something Rather Than Nothing

The Insecure Designer by Pablo Stanley

Getting too worked up on whether or not a project is perfect in your eyes and holding off on it rather than producing something with flaws is detrimental to your creative process.  If you get worked up on what others will think of your work, then you start to become too absorbed in the small details (and chances are people won't even notice them).

I definitely see myself as a wannabe perfectionist at times, because I know what I want achieved, and I try everything I can to achieve it, but sometimes it takes me forever to do, and I end up frustrated and fixated on it.  But there are times when I realize that flaws in work sometimes make a piece of work unique - unintended creativity.  And another realization is that there's always room to build and improve my skills when I've moved on to other projects.  So if you're ever caught in a situation where you think you're exerting too much effort and time, relish in what you can achieve for now, and work towards it later on with something else.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Studio [demo]

A Case Study (?) of a JavaScript Problem