Medium Post I read this article on how video games can distract us from the real-world problems of the world, I thought it was interesting but very stupid at the same time and let me explain. The article appeared to argue that videogames are distractions that we focus on while we ignore the issues of the real world like people dying and things of that nature. I found this concept to be really dumb because anything in the world can serve as a distraction to real world problems not just videogames. For example, even something as simple as a book can distract you from real world issues, take Twilight into consideration or Harry Potter (this shit doesn’t happen in real life my dude) neither does TV shows like “Fairly Odd Parents” or “Danny Phantom”. In addition, music can also be distracting to the events of real life, or apps on your cellphone, or a Fine ass girl walking down the street, literally ANYTHING can be distracting. But what all these things also have in common other than th...
Comments
Post a Comment