[Insert Name Here]

INTRODUCTION

Hey! So I'm Jon and I am a Junior DMD student pursuing a track in Strategies for Business.  I'm really into digital designing, music, and films so I definitely want to create more content this year, especially to add more content to my portfolio.  I'm also interested in journalism and work with the school's publication 1UPL.  I'm currently looking for an internship that's digital media related as well as opportunities related to publication.  Anyway, it should be a pretty interesting class, and I'm hoping to be able to create a web app, or at least start the base for one by the end of the semester.   

MEDIUM


Streaming music versus buying music has been an interesting topic and while some people are still on the fence about it (I used to be one of those people), the transition towards streaming is growing, and may very well outdo buying music altogether.  I thought that have a library of downloaded music and physical copies that I could call my own was satisfying.  However, even now when I buy a physical record, I still hope to that it comes with at least a digital copy.  If not, I know that I have streaming services such as Tidal, Google Play, or Spotify to rely on when I want instant access to a song.  And that's what it comes down too for me: accessibility and convenience.  I don't mind the fact that I stream most of my music through Spotify because I have access to a much wider selection of music that I might never have come across had I still bought music and kept it within the confines of my owned music library.  

THREEJS


An awesome application that I found on threejs.org.  It's great if you're interested in ambient electronic music.  It's essentially a visual complement to Helios' album Yume.  It features samples from the track of the same name, and users have the ability to modify the sound using different combinations of visuals on the screen.  You get to adventure through new areas and experiment with different sounds along the way.  

Yume - Helios

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Studio [demo]

A Case Study (?) of a JavaScript Problem