1/17-1/19 Blog Post: Intro/Medium/ThreeJS

Intro

Hello everyone~! ^w^
My name is Chloe and I am MtF transgender (male to female). I've been going through with HRT since the beginning of last semester and with the encouragement of some friends decided to come out this semester. My pronouns are she/her/hers and I hope to get along with everyone. \^o^/
My experience in Web Design isn't that in depth, minus the Web Design class I took this past semester. However, I used to be knowledgeable and proficient in HTML, CSS & JavaScript back in high school; my hopes this time around improving and polishing the current state of those languages. As someone in the Game Design track I kind of batted a blind eye to Web Design, but now I've been seeing the importance and how I can use it not only to improve myself in my field but incorporate it as an invaluable asset.


Medium
https://hackernoon.com/please-dont-on-vr-330a892debfe#.z08m28e4v

Tyler Waite, co-founder of Holos, makes a very important point about VR: we shouldn't be disappointed about the rate of progress. VR is like a gold mine and regardless of our current hardware it can keep improving and developing. After noticing negative feedback and opinions on VR, Waite addresses how those who are passionate and interested should invest and get there hands into it, rather than wait for things to happen. People right now are the ones that can define VR and make it what it is because it's still in the early stages.


ThreeJS
https://sparklinlabs.itch.io/superpowers
http://superpowers-html5.com/index.en.html

Skepticism aside, from the legitimacy this has as a Chrome Experiment, what I found was the most eye opening, ThreeJS (and HTML 5...I think...) powered project that I could find. Superpowers is an open source 2D + 3D game development tool that I feel could be revolutionary given the extent of simplicity lined with subtle complexity the developers have incorporated. The interface is simple to understand and can allow someone to dive straight in, in my opinion. It holds the potential to expand on games both for consoles and the web, as well VR and VR for the web.















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bootstrap Studio [demo]

A Case Study (?) of a JavaScript Problem

MEDIUM POST: The power of algorithms